Motor third party liability insurance

Ask for insurance solution
  1. Motor third party liability insurance

Motor third party liability insurance must be arranged for all vehicles entered in the Traffic Register of Road Administration.

The insurance applies on the roads as well as in the car parks, yards, and other places used for the normal traffic of vehicles.

The insurance is valid in Estonia, in the European Union, and also in Norway, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, and Iceland. In these countries, you can drive around holding a regular vehicle insurance policy. If you travel to other countries, you will need to take a Green Card with you.

30,000 traffic accidents, the damages of which are covered by vehicle insurance, take place in Estonia each year. Statistics show that one out of ten vehicles is involved in an accident of this kind.

  • Compensation from your own insurance provider

    You can contact If as a victim in a traffic accident. You will no longer have to deal with the offender’s insurance provider.

  • We are there for you 24/7

    If you would like to arrange insurance or need help in case of an accident, we are happy to take your calls round-the-clock at our insurance number +372 777 1211.

New Motor Insurance Act

Motor third party liability insurance has no individual conditions, it is regulated by the Motor Insurance Act.

Green card

A green card is a mandatory motor third party liability insurance valid in foreign states, which is also valid in most European countries.

Damages caused to other road users or vehicles while staying abroad are compensated on the basis of a green card. Damage to your own car shall not be compensated on the basis of a green card.

A green card must not be brought along, when travelling to the countries of the European Economic Area (including the European Union) or Switzerland, because insurance coverage is ensured there with the standard motor third party liability insurance contract.

A green card must be brought along to the countries of the green card system that are not contracting states of the European Union or the European Economic Area.

These countries are:

Albania, Andorra, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Israel, Iran, Macedonia, Morocco, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, Belarus, Russia.

A green card shall be issued free of charge for the duration of validity of the standard policy.

What you should know during the sale of your vehicle?

If you are selling your vehicle, then you cannot legally end your insurance contract, since it is transferred to the new owner. This means that it is reasonable to add the value of the unused insurance days to the price of the vehicle. After the re-registration of the vehicle, the new owner must amend the insurance contract as soon as possible.

If you do not use your vehicle for a while

A vehicle registered in the traffic register may remain uninsured for a maximum period of 12 months. If you do not use your vehicle for an even longer period, it might be reasonable to remove it from the traffic register, because the vehicle is subject to mandatory insurance after 12 months.

For example, if you have a motorcycle, it is sufficient to keep it insured for a short period of time once a year.

  1. Motor third party liability insurance