Chief Data Officer (CDO)
If’s purpose is to give people confidence today to shape their tomorrow. This is the reason why more than 1000 people from countless personal backgrounds, with various drives and dreams pass through the doors of If in the Baltic countries every day. Join us and become one of us!
Looking for a #normaljob? Welcome to If!
A visionary, customer-oriented and business-minded leader is welcome to join the management team of If Baltic. In this role, you will lead a data-driven way of working for our Baltic insurance operations, making it one of our key differentiators and enablers of new value creation and innovation.
What is this role about?
- Strategy: Lead the development and execution of data strategy supporting the company’s business strategy. Ensure that we provide superior customer experience, knowledge of risks and creation of business value from data.
- Governance: Lead the process to establish and improve governance of enterprise data.
- Operations: Enable data usability, availability, quality, and process efficiency.
- Innovation: Lead company-wide digital transformation and innovation together with other business and IT leaders to enable new ways of generating revenues, exploration of new opportunities or to reduce costs.
- Analytics: Support analytics and reporting across the company with user-focused tools.
- Risk and compliance: Ensure compliance of data processes and governance with respect to laws and regulations.
- Define and drive Data Strategy, roadmap, and priorities.
- Build Data-driven culture and competencies across the organization.
- Proactively seek innovations and creative ideas to drive efficient, cost-effective solutions aligned with organizational goals.
- Streamline business, seek for new opportunities with use of data.
- Raise data literacy and awareness across the organization.
- Manage the Data development toolbox together with data architects, analysts, and other key stakeholders in the organization.
- Report to the CEO and be a member of the company’s top management team.
- Lead and coach a team to create a high-performing group of achievers with positive, shared morale values and solid engagement.
- Provide direct leadership for a team of data analysts and scientists implementing data initiatives and development roadmaps.
- Interact, partner, and work together with other senior leaders from all units.
- Establish and maintain an effective partnership throughout the organization, strengthening our agile and innovative culture.
- Strengthen the collaboration and exploration of synergy potential with the data community across If Group. Expand the possibilities of professional growth for your team members and others having passion in data.
What do we expect from you?
- We are looking for an enthusiastic, determined and value-oriented person with a desire to join us.
- The one who’s able to demonstrate leadership beyond own organization to ensure value creation via successful execution of the selected data strategy, in close collaboration with business stakeholders and the IT community.
- You should also have a strong analytical mindset, an ability to proactively understand the business issues, situations, and the future.
- A university-level degree in Data Science, IT, Mathematics, Finance or Economics and Business Management.
- At least 5 years of experience in a related area – data management, business control, business or IT development, financial analysis or similar.
- Bonus points for: work experience in financial sector or specialized IT development company.
- Fluent in one of the Baltic languages and English, spoken and written.
- You have experience in working with complex problems and complex IT system environments.
"Chief Data Officer, you are welcome to join If! There is a rare opportunity to join our leadership team. We are looking for someone with a keen ability to imagine the future of the company and lead our data community as well as broader organisation towards one shared vision. If you are interested, we look forward to meeting you!"
Our promise to you
- A value-driven work environment where people come first and importance of building and safeguarding strong corporate culture is crucial.
- An international, modern, dynamic, and flexible working environment in one of the leading insurance companies in Nordic & Baltic region.
- Exciting tasks in new and unmarked territory with significant impact on the organization’s Data area.
- Collaboration, learning and career opportunities within If Group beyond boundaries of the Baltic operations.
- A career/evolution path with personal goals, trainings, and coaching.
- Job contract: permanent.
- Workplace: the Tallinn, Riga or Vilnius. We practice hybrid work, where leaders are expected to be present and available for their teams, but they are also flexible to combine office work with work from home locations.
If you want a #normaljob, If has one to offer! Apply until October 10
Get in touch! Let us know who you are.
Here and now there's a chance to team up with one of the leading insurance companies in Baltics.